Papers pertaining to Glengorm estate
- Reference:GB 1798 GLENGORM
- Dates of Creation:1870s - 1890s; 2000s
- Language of Material:English
- Physical Description:Approx. 30 items
Scope and Content
Papers pertaining to Glengorm estate. Glengorm is the modern name for combined farms acquired by James Forsyth from parts of Mishnish and Quinish to expand the estate of Sorne. Quinish was added in 1857, purchased from Hugh Maclean of Coll. The castle was built in 1858, architects Peddie and Kinnear. Janet Nelson, "The Story of Glengorm" (Library 4.E-12) gives the history and a wealth of architectural detail about the castle.
Access Information
Open; please contact the archive in advance to arrange access.
Geographical Names