Scotland Street School
- Reference:GB 243 D-ED7/275
- Dates of Creation:1883 - 1979
- Language of Material:English
- Physical Description:0.60 Linear Metres [19 items]
Scope and Content
Log books, 1906 - 1979; Admission registers, boys, 1906 - 1964, girls, 1906 - 1967. Shields Road School: Log books, 1883 - 1958; Admission registers, boys, 1883 - 1958, girls, 1883 - 1922, 1926 - 1958, mental and physical defectives, 1907 - 1933.
Administrative / Biographical History
Designed for the School Board of Glasgow by a partner in Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh: Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Closed as a school in 1979, the building now houses Scotland Street School Museum. Amalgamated with Shields Road School in 1958.
Access Information
Open
Log books closed for 50 years; admission registers closed for 30 or 75 years depending on format.
Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list available at Glasgow City Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
Application for reproduction should be made to the Archivist
Corporate Names